Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 4

Whew! After spending Monday and Tuesday completely on the phone, it was actually nice to spend this morning mopping the kitchen floor and doing what seemed like endless piles of laundry! As crazy as this week has been, however, it has already been a magical experience. I spent all of Tuesday -- literally about 10 hours -- with the media. I have never had an experience like that before, and I just keep praying that it will lead to many opportunities for me to fulfill my goal of making an effective, sustainable difference in the classrooms of students throughout Georgia.


The issue I will be promoting while serving as Mrs. Georgia, known as my platform, is "Equality in Education". After working first as a 7th and 8th grade English and Social Studies teacher, I am now an education consultant, working primarily with middle school teachers and administrators in low-income communities. My platform is to promote effective, regular professional development for teachers so that all students, despite their socio-economic background, may have access to an excellent education.

In addition to diligently working to leave a sustainable, positive impact on Georgia's schools during my year as Mrs. Georgia, I will also be speaking throughout our state on the immense joy that comes from marriage, family, and serving one's community. If I am able to become Mrs. America, I will be able to take these ideas to a much broader audience and make an even stronger impact on our community at-large.


If you or anyone you know would be interested in having me serve you in any way -- volunteer work, speaking engagements, photo shoots, or more, please feel free to contact me at mrsgeorgiaamerica2010@gmail.com.


And now, here are some photos from the competition night!



Top 5 (from left to right): Abigail Jennings (3rd RU), Tiffany Marshall (1st RU), me, Lauren Day (2nd RU), Kelly Carver (4th RU)


Evening gown competition



Just after being crowned



My Pageant Pros team of experts plus Mrs. Georgia 2009, Jennifer Everett

My biggest fan!

Photos used with permission and courtesy of Pam Gillespie of Pam Gillespie Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment