Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Emergency Preparedness Event



I was honored to spend September 11th participating in the Dekalb County Emergency Preparedness Fair. The morning began with a memorial program honoring our public servants who have fallen in the line of duty, as well as those who currently go out every morning not knowing whether or not they will come home that night. I am very blessed to live in a country where so many people are willing to risk their lives in order to protect mine. I am in awe of their selflessness, courage, and dedication.  The service made me more keenly aware of this blessing, and I left resolved to be more diligent about thanking the next police officer or fire fighter that I see.

The day proceeded with booths offering a wide variety of tips on how to be prepared when emergencies strike, ranging from fire and flood safety, to economic planning in the case of losing one's job.  I left the fair feeling a great deal more knowledgable about how to keep my family safe and prepared, as well as inspired by the work of so many diligent public servants! Thank you for asking me to participate!









No comments:

Post a Comment