Saturday, January 8, 2011

LaLona's Beauty Tip #3 - Hair!


I’ve had long hair most of my life, but it has not been until recently that I have been bombarded with questions about how I care for and style it.  I attribute this entirely to two stylists who have taught me everything I know – Geoffrey and Jennifer Frost of Robert Frost Salon.  If you live in the Atlanta area and have not yet been to their salon, book your appointment now!

My number one advice is to have an excellent hair cut and to have it often enough to maintain your style. Despite my long hair, I have layers that have to be regularly maintained or the whole look goes down in shambles.  I use various shampoos and conditioners depending on what style I am seeking. If I am curling my hair, I opt for a volumizing set, whereas if I am going to wear it straight I use a “sleek” set or even one that deep conditions to give a very shiny look.  Although not particularly attached to specific shampoo brands, I am married to my products.  I love Rusk.  

After towel-drying my hair, I apply “Thicker” all over my hair and massage it in. I then apply Rusk’s volumizing moose, and, if I am wearing my hair curled and want extra body, I then apply Rusk’s root boost.  After drying but before applying any additional heat such as a straightening iron, curling iron, or rollers, I apply Str8, a product that protects my hair against the damage of the heat and adds shine to it.  No joke, these products transform my fine hair into incredible volume and provide gorgeous shine!  When people say, “You have such thick, great hair!” and I smile, silently thanking Rusk. 

If fine, flat, or even dull hair sounds familiar to you, pick up some Rusk samples and watch the magic unfold! 

1 comment:

  1. I love going to Jennifer! When I moved back out here after having the most amazing stylist in Wyoming I thought I'd never find someone again. It took 3 horrible experiences until I wound up at the Frost Salon. I won't go to anyone else ever again!

    ReplyDelete